If the new Cycle Route would make a difference to you then please come and share your views at the public meeting about the cycle track.
Tuesday 2nd August 7pm-9.15pm
Murrayfield Parish Church Hall, 2b Ormidale Terrace EH12 6EQ
The meeting is organised by the local residents campaigning against the route, but they have speakers to put both sides of the story. We'll be there to help explain why the Cycle Route Proposal is beneficial to Roseburn and Edinburgh as a whole.
Our message is simple:
- The purpose of the Cycle Route is to attract hundreds of new cyclists who are keen to cycle provided there is a safe and efficient option.
- There are already too many cars on our roads especially at peak times of the day.
- Benefits include reduced congestion and parking problems, lower air pollution, wider pavements, safer crossings, and a boost to local traders.
- The Council have listened to feedback to update the route with almost all loading retained at Roseburn.
- Living Streets Edinburgh and Murrayfield Community Council recognise that local residents want to minimise the impact of cars.
Download meeting agenda.